Friday, December 18, 2009

Sesame Noodles

Print
IMG_2042

I usually don't serve pasta as a side to a meal, but I couldn't resist adding it to our Orange Thai Flank Steak dinner since the two paired well together. This recipe comes from PW, which I starred as soon as I read it on my Google reader. Asian cuisine is something both my husband and I enjoy, but it's not an everyday or even weekly cuisine for us. There are many recipes out there that I want to try, but I find most to have multiple ingredients that I've never heard of much less have in my pantry. I'm always skeptical to go and buy something if I think I'll never use it again, but this recipe is simple to throw together and uses most kitchen staples. Overall, it complimented the steak nicely and satisfied my craving for simple Asian inspired food.

Sesame Noodles

Printer Friendly Version

12 oz thin noodles, cooked and drained

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons sugar

3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

2 to 3 tablespoons pure sesame oil

1/2 teaspoon hot Chile oil

4 to 5 tablespoons canola oil

2 tablespoons hot water

3 to 4 green onions, diced

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and toss. Serve in a bowl.

Source: Pioneer Woman

No comments: