Friday, March 5, 2010

Chicken Parmesan Burgers

Print

IMG_2649

I have had a burger craving for the past couple of weeks. Maybe I’m getting cabin fever and I’m ready to start grilling outside again…whatever the reason burgers sound so good to me. I saw this recipe on several people’s “favorites list” from 09, so I knew it had to be good. I love chicken parmesan, so I was definitely skeptical that it could be reproduced into a burger. I’m happy to report that this burger has all the flavors of chicken parm and it was so good I’ve actually been craving to make them again! The original recipe calls for sautéed mushrooms, but I chose to leave them out, if your family likes them, I’m sure they would be good as an additional topping.

Chicken Parmesan Burgers

Printer Friendly Version

For the Burgers:

1 lb ground chicken

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/4 cup plain bread crumbs (I used my food processor and ground up croutons)

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1/4 cup chopped parsley

1 clove garlic, minced

1 shallot, finely diced

salt and pepper to taste

For the Topping:

1/2 cup pasta sauce

4 slices mozzarella or provolone

4 buns, brushed with garlic butter

Lightly mix together together all the ingredients for the burgers. Form into 4 patties. (For more flavor, make the patties 30 to 40 minutes before cooking so the flavors can meld together.)

Preheat the broiler or grill pan. Broil or grill burgers for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and broil or grill for 3 minutes. Top each chicken burger with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce and a slice of cheese. Keep under the heat for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until cheese is melted and the burger is cooked through. Place the buns in the broiler or on grill pan until toasted.

Source adapted from: Elly Says Opa

No comments: