Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Print
IMG_1832

I've been feeling a little homesick lately, yes even after three years I still get homesick quite often. One thing that brings me back home is my mom’s cookie recipes. Her peanut butter cookies are one of my favorites and they were just what I needed in order to cheer up! Soft, chewy, and peanut buttery…so yummy. If you’re really feeling naughty they are also great with some Nutella spread on top. You just can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

IMG_1835

Peanut Butter Cookies

Printer Friendly Version

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup peanut butter (I like to use chunky peanut butter)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/4 cup flour

3/4 teaspoon soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until blended. Roll into balls and roll balls in a bowl of sugar. Flatten cookies using a fork.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: