Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cajun Pork Chops

Print

IMG_4124

You can almost always find some type of pork on sale at the grocery store every week. Last week it was bone-in pork chops, which at the time sounded pretty good. I typically cook pork chops right on the stove top, but last week I was in the mood for grilling. I found this recipe while searching and it sounded like what I was in the mood for. While the spice didn’t scream Cajun, it still provided the pork with lots of flavor. Both my husband and I thought it tasted more like a barbecue rub. Although I resisted, it would have gone great with our homemade barbecue sauce! We both enjoyed the dish and were happy to get out and grill!

On another note – my lighting equipment broke on me last week, so I was forced to take some not-so good photos. I have since fixed the problem, but this weeks pics are not the best.

Cajun Pork Chops

Printer Friendly Version

6 whole Pork Chops

3 tablespoons Paprika

1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

1/2 teaspoon Cumin

1 1/2 teaspoons Salt

3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper

2 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Mix the paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, pepper, and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Generously rub the spice mix on the outside of each pork chop and work it in as well as possible. Let sit, covered, in the fridge for 20 minutes.

Grill pork chops on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the pork reaches 165 degrees.

Source slightly adapted from: Tasty Kitchen

No comments: