Monday, November 22, 2010

Starred Recipes Recap

Print

Here is a recap of the recipes that caught my eye last week:

  • I have attended many events serving breakfast and they always include an assortment of Danish. They look appealing, but usually are a disappointment as far as flavor. Annie’s Eats made a homemade Apple Cream Cheese Danish Braid that sounds and looks so much better than the catered version.
  • Culinary Covers is a blog dedicated to trying recipes straight from the cover of books and magazines. This week a Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue was tested from the cover of Southern Living’s magazine. Since Lori tested and approved of the pie I really want to try it out for myself.
  • Almost every baker has a good coffee cake recipe in their recipe box. I like to find recipes that include ingredients I haven’t tried yet. Home Cooking posted a recipe for a Pecan-Pear Sour Cream Coffee Cake that looks delicious.

Last week I mentioned that I would be back in my home town visiting family for Thanksgiving. I am happy to say we have arrived safely and I am looking forward to spending time with my family and close friends. I have decided to not post any recipes this week so that I can enjoy my time with everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Happy cooking and baking!

No comments: