Thursday, January 21, 2010

Indonesian Ginger Chicken

Print
IMG_2464

I was really nervous about this recipe. All the ingredients are things I love, the recipe received great reviews, but there are always a couple of bad reviews that make you question if it is worth trying. I am happy to report that I loved this recipe. I will say that I feel like the amount of chicken the recipe calls for feeds more than 4 to 6 servings, so I only used about 3 1/2 pounds and I used boneless chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken. I probably could have cut down the sauce recipe as well, and I was really tempted to....1/2 cup of ginger is a lot, but I decided to go with it and even though it was a lot, the chicken marinated really well, there was great flavor, and plenty of sauce to drizzle on top. This is another recipe for anyone that loves ginger!

Indonesian Ginger Chicken

Printer Friendly Version

1 cup honey

3/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup garlic, minced

1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger

3 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast

Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange chicken in a shallow baking pan, skin side down in one layer. Pour sauce over the chicken. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. (I marinated the morning of, but only because I didn’t read the recipe before hand!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices of the chicken run clear and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.

Source adapted from: www.foodnetwork.com/The Barefoot Contessa

No comments: