Friday, February 19, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

Print
IMG_2709

This is a classic dessert for me, mainly because it is so easy to make. I made these a lot during my high school and college years. Minimal ingredients, even store bought ingredients if you desire, and the prep could not be any easier. At one point when I was dating my now husband, he actually asked me to stop making this dessert….not because he didn’t like it, but because he couldn’t stop eating it. According to him, I was making him fat. So my feelings were hurt for the next 4 years, but then I flipped through my recipes and saw it sitting there, knowing how good the bars were, I couldn’t resist. I really do love this recipe and missed it too! I only let Michael have two of the bars out of fear that he would ban them from the house once more….I don’t know that I could handle that kind of rejection again!

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

Printer Friendly Version

18 oz chocolate chip cookie dough (homemade or store bought)

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To make the crust, press half of cookie dough in the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

Refrigerate any left overs.

No comments: