Thursday, February 18, 2010

Orange Banana Smoothie

Print
IMG_2655 

My husband has been on a smoothie kick for the past 4 or 5 months. We aren’t talking fruity deliciousness like what you would get from Jamba Juice, we’re talking green smoothies. I find it very admirable that he has decided to have more healthy things in his diet, but I just can’t quite get over the green. In my attempt to find compromise, I have started having a fruit smoothie each morning for breakfast. I might eventually stick some leafy greens in one day, but for now this smoothie is really good and is still pretty healthy. I generally switch off between vanilla and strawberry yogurt. Each one has a little different taste, but both are really good.

Orange-Banana Smoothie

Printer Friendly Version

1 cup orange juice

1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt (or any flavor desired)

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 ripe banana, sliced

6 to 8 cubes of ice

Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.

Source adapted from: www.myrecipes.com

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

We love green smoothies in our house. Start small so you can't taste the greens and build from there. Most people's tastes change over time and they add more and more! :) Bananas and mango are great for making them creamy and sweet where you can't detect the greens. :)

Cheers and good luck!
Kristen