Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Steak with Garlic Butter

Print
IMG_2490

I thought I would share with you  one of my favorite ways to eat a steak. It takes a nice filet in order to capture the best flavors of the meat, at the same time if you have a nice filet, no marinade or seasonings are needed. A simple salt cure process which helps to age the beef is all you need, the flavors will shine on their own.

IMG_2485

While the grill is preheating, season the steaks with kosher salt, sprinkling on all sides. Leave the salt on the steaks for around 15 to 20 minutes. Run steaks under cold water to rinse off the salt. Pat steaks until they are completely dry.

Grill until desired doneness.

While the steaks are grilling I like to whip up some garlic butter to serve on top of the  steaks.

Take a couple tablespoons butter and around a 1/2  teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (or use an amount you are comfortable with). Mix together. Serve on top of steaks while they are still warm.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Wow, you're killin me. And I love it. The only way to eat steak. Nice blogging . I do sandwiches on my blog. Nothing serious, but lots of fun. I am now a follower. Have a beautiful week. Keri (a.k.a. Sam)