Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sweet Memories

Print
Today is a little different for me. Instead of posting about recipes I wanted to share some sweet memories of a man I loved dearly, my grandfather, known to me as Papa. I am actually here again in Oklahoma with my family. Over last weekend my Papa went to be with the Lord. Today will be the funeral and my last goodbye. I am filled with so much emotion; I just pray I can make it through today. Here is a picture of my Papa and me taken around Thanksgiving of 2008.

CIMG0491

Growing up I spent several weekends with my grandparents and every Sunday afternoon I would come home with them from church. Papa would make pancakes with bugs (also known as raisins) and also introduced me to my love of peanut butter and banana sandwiches. He was probably the only grandparent that would laugh after just discovering that I had just ran his precious golf cart into a pole and destroyed it. He had so much love for each of his grandkids and I will dearly miss his kind words and simple I love you’s. I take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place and so proud to have called him my Papa.

Thank you for letting me share a few personal memories. Many blessings to each of you.

3 comments:

Beth and Drew said...

We love you Kimmers!! Praying for you!

Aion said...

My condolences Kim.. your in Nicole's and my thoughts and prayers!

Aion

Melinda said...

Kim, you have been in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Love you bunches!!!