Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Print

IMG_2898

I haven't made a confession in the past few weeks, so I guess today I am due for one! Do you remember me telling you about a month ago that we lost power and had to move in to a hotel for a couple of nights?!? Well for one of our meals, we ventured out to Red Lobster. This was my very first Red Lobster experience. Yes, that's right, in all my 25 years of life I had never been to Red Lobster. So I bet you can't guess my favorite part of the meal...the Cheddar Bay Biscuits! In fact, I liked them so much, the waiter hooked me up with 2 bags full of them to take home. Once we finally made it back home I started to flip through one of my cookbooks and was happy to find a similar recipe. I chose to make the biscuits to go with the baked shrimp scampi I posted about yesterday. I am happy to report the biscuits tasted like the real thing. Filled with white cheddar cheese, garlic, and of course butter, I was one happy girl!

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Printer Friendly Version

For the Biscuits:

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix

4 tablespoons cold butter

1 heaping cup grated Cheddar cheese

3/4 cup cold milk

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

For the Topping:

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Combine bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork . There should be small chunks of butter in the mix around pea size. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.

Drop approximately 1/4 cup of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop. .Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter.

Source adapted from: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur, 2007

No comments: