Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grilled Chicken with a White Barbecue Sauce

Print

IMG_4262

I’ve mentioned before that my husband loves what we know as “Alabama white sauce.” After making the Alabama smokehouse burgers with white sauce, which we loved, I have been searching for a few more recipes that incorporate the sauce. After reading good reviews on this particular recipe…I knew I had to make it for the hubby! While I was prepping the recipe, I was a little skeptical. I have made a few recipes before that call for a lot of dried spices that don’t exactly deliver in flavor, but I went with it and after grilling the chicken I was happy with the end result. The chicken was moist and flavorful, and after dunking in white sauce, it was even better!

Grilled Chicken with a White Barbecue Sauce

Printer Friendly Version

For the Chicken:

1 tablespoon dried thyme

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon ground cumin

1 tablespoon paprika

1 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

10 chicken thighs

For White Barbecue Sauce:

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise

1/4 cup white wine vinegar

1 garlic clove, minced

1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper

1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons horseradish

To Prepare Chicken:

Combine all seven spices. Rinse chicken and pat dry; rub mixture evenly over chicken. Place chicken in a zip-top bag. Seal and chill 4 hours. Remove chicken from bag; discarding bag.

Grill chicken, covered, over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180 degrees.

To Prepare White Sauce:

Stir together all ingredients until well blended. Serve with chicken.

Source: www.MyRecipes.com

One Year Ago Today: Bacon, Tomato, and Linguine Pasta

No comments: