Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Print

IMG_4994

Growing up there was a certain restaurant that my family loved to eat at. We would always have a somewhat “heated” discussion about whether to order their queso appetizer (my favorite) or their spinach artichoke appetizer (my brother’s favorite). At any other resultant I would have been happy to have spinach artichoke dip, after all, it is probably the only way to get me to eat spinach or artichokes! This recipe is super quick and easy. I served several appetizers on New Years Eve and I was happy to have an appetizer that required no baking and virtually no cooking time. The dip can be served with chips, or my personal preference, with breadsticks. It is creamy with a hint of spice with the red pepper flakes. For those that prefer a more baked dip, you can sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top and place under the broiler until brown and bubbly.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach

1 1/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts

6 oz cream cheese

1/4 cup sour cream

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water tender and drain. Discard liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir in rest of ingredients and serve hot.

Source: Food Network/Alton-Brown

One Year Ago Today: Chicken and Mushroom Pockets

No comments: