Monday, January 3, 2011

Starred Recipes Recap

Print

Last week I enjoyed having the whole week off from work to relax. Today I am a bit sad to have to return to work after such a relaxing time off. This is one of my favorite times of the year for reading some of my favorite blogs. All the recaps on the favorite foods of 2010 have reminded me of foods I want to try and also a few new recipes that I missed. Here a few that caught my eye last week:

  • Simply Recipes posted African Chicken Peanut Stew that has many of my favorite ingredients: ginger, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, cilantro, making it a hearty stew perfect for this time of year.
  • One of our favorite pizza restaurants in town makes a delicious and spicy Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Smells Like Home posted a homemade version that looks to be just as good.
  • One thing Santa brought me for Christmas was a pasta machine. I am really excited to start making fresh pasta. First on my list to try is ravioli. Shutterbean posted Homemade Cheese Ravioli that looks delicious and can easily be frozen for later.
  • Ever since watching a Throwdown with Bobby Flay, I have been wanting to make Chicken Tikka Masala. Sweet Pea’s Kitchen posted a recipe for it this week that reminded me of how much I wanted to try it.

No comments: