Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken

Print

IMG_4882

One thing that hasn’t changed with my taste buds is I still love peanut butter with anything. Before I started branching out and trying new things, I only stuck to things I knew. When my husband wanted Thai food, the only thing I would order was some variation of peanut chicken. Thankfully, I have broadened my horizons, but every now and then I still love peanut chicken. This is a fast dinner that satisfies my Thai cravings without getting take-out. Many of the ingredients are already located in your pantry. The chicken has lots of peanut butter flavor with a generous portion of sauce that soaks in to the rice, giving the dish lots of flavor with every bite.

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken

1 pound chicken, cut into chunks

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice

1 teaspoon garlic, minced

1 tablespoon peanut butter

1/2 teaspoon curry powder

1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)

Sesame seeds, for topping

Mix ingredients and marinate chicken for two to three hours.

Cook chicken in the sauce over medium-high heat for seven to eight minutes or until chicken is done. Sevre topped with sesame seeds.

If sauce is too thin, mix together 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the cornstarch mixture.

Serve with rice.

Source: Tasty Kitchen

No comments: