Thursday, October 8, 2009

I’m Addicted…to Maui Zaui!!

Print
IMG_1230
This pizza brings back memories of the beach, the palm trees, and the beauty of Maui for me. A year ago last May, my husband and I went back to Maui for the first time since our honeymoon. Being that we now live in an area where you can find great pizza just around the corner, this was the last place I thought I would find my all-time favorite pizza, but we met and fell in love and I haven’t quite been the same since. The pizza is from a company called, Round Table Pizza. Most of their pizzas are unique, but I can’t say that I have tried anything other than Maui Zaui. All the ingredients used are super fresh and the combination of the sweet and spicy Polynesian sauce just brings it over the top.  I’m a little embarrassed to say that it has taken me a whole year to recreate this pizza at home, but my first attempt was a success!! Both my husband and I thought the flavor of the sauce was very similar to the sweet chili sauce we use at home to dip in spring rolls, so when I was on a mission to recreate the dish this was the sauce I went for. Now that I know how to make this at home, I have made it almost every week and I still can’t get enough of it!! We have tried the pizza both on the grill and in the oven. My preference is grilling, but my husband likes it from the oven. So whatever you’re in the mood for, you have to try it!!

Maui Zaui

Printer Friendly Version
12 in Pizza dough – most groceries stores now sell fresh pizza dough, my grocery store stocks their dough’s by the packaged cheeses.

About 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce (pictured at right) IMG_1222

2 slices of thick sliced deli Ham, cubed

About 1 cup Pineapple, cubed

1 Roma Tomato, diced

About 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced

1/4 cup Green onion, chopped

3 to 5 strips of Bacon, cooked and crumbled

3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese

1/4 cup Provolone Cheese (or whatever you have on hand)

After the pizza dough is rolled out, place sauce down. If you are going for spicy, use more than 1/4 cup of sauce.  If you want a subtle kick, 1/4 cup or a little more will enough to produce  a thin layer of sauce all around the pizza. Cover sauce with the mozzarella and provolone cheese. Then place the ham, pineapple, red onion, bacon, and green onion all around the pizza. Bake or grill according to pizza dough package.

No comments: