Thursday, September 17, 2009

Corn Casserole

Print
IMG_1205
At some point I’m sure all of you have either made or had some kind of version of  a corn casserole.  I was looking for a good side dish to accompany our dinner and I pulled out a Paula Deen Cookbook that my good friend Mandy got me last year for Christmas. The recipe sounded easy so I thought I would give it a try. We decided the dish would be better titled, “Corn Soufflé”, maybe because of the individual ramekins I used made it look like more of a soufflé, but it definitely sounds more appealing  and is more reflective of  how delicious it actually was!

Corn Soufflé (formerly Corn Casserole)
Printer Friendly Version

One 15 1/4 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
One 14 3/4 ounce can cream-style corn
One 8 ounce package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
In a large bowl, stir together the two cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and butter. Pour into a greased casserole. (I used 6 individual ramekins.) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Note: If you use ramekins, the cooking time will vary but about 5 to 10 minutes.
Source: The Lady & Sons, Too! by Paula Deen

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I've made this one and it is a fam favorite! Can't wait to dig out the recipe for fall.

Beth and Drew said...

Cute ramekins! :)

Mandy said...

Yay for using your cookbook!!! ;)