Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fondant and Gum Paste Course

Print

I have officially graduated from my second Wilton Cake Decorating class. Mandy and I completed the course back in August. I had a lot of fun learning how to make different gum paste flowers. The carnations, pictured below, were my favorite to make. I can’t say I enjoyed working with the fondant. I had the worst luck with it drying out on me. I never expected to get exercise out of rolling fondant, but it definitely gave my arms a workout! Now I know why the folks on cake shows have a machine to roll the fondant for them…excellent invention! I am hoping that I can continue to use what I learn so I don’t forget how to do it, but I think I will be taking a break from cake for a while. It hasn’t done much for my family’s waistline!!

IMG_1293

IMG_1291

No comments: