Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Garlic–Tarragon Green Beans

Print

IMG_1416-1

I don’t know if I’m the only one that struggles to find side dishes for meals, or even forgets to include a side with dinner. For me, sides are almost an afterthought. I’m trying to do my best to find some new side dishes to serve that are different from our regular  rotation. When I was looking through one of my favorite recipe sites, I came across this recipe. I always have garlic and tarragon on hand so I knew this would be a good dish to add to our rotation. Garlic compliments green beans really well and I was interested to taste how the tarragon would add to the flavor. Overall it was really good dish. My husband claims he can’t stand green beans and even he enjoyed it!

Garlic-Tarragon Green Beans

Printer Friendly Version

2  quarts water

2  tablespoons  salt

2  pounds  thin fresh green beans

2  garlic cloves, minced

1/2  teaspoon  dried tarragon leaves

2  tablespoons  olive oil

1/2  teaspoon  salt

1/2  teaspoon  pepper

Bring 2 quarts water and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil in a Dutch oven; add beans. Cook 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.

Sauté garlic and tarragon in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until garlic is tender. (Do not brown garlic.) Add beans, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Source: www.myrecipes.com

No comments: