Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Say Aloha to my New Burger

Print

IMG_1240

Before you put away your grills, I have a new burger recipe for you to try! I purchased a book a couple years back titled, Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2, where I found a version of Red Robin's Banzai Burger. When I first made the burgers I used the homemade Teriyaki sauce they recommended, but since then I have found the Lawry's Teriyaki marinade to work just as good without the hassle of making my own. About a month ago, Michael and I took a weekend trip to Boston and we spent one afternoon around the Harvard campus. We found this nice burger joint with space outside to eat, so we sat down and both enjoyed a burger. They had a pineapple burger on their menu that contained an ingredient I had never thought to put on my burger...Ginger. The combination of pineapple and ginger was really, really good, but I do have to say that there was A LOT of ginger on the burger. I wanted to kick our burger recipe up a notch, so I decided that I would create a Ginger-mayo dressing for a more subtle flavor. This was a great addition and I am quite pleased with the results!

Aloha Burgers

Printer Friendly Version

1 1lb Hamburger meat (also can be done with boneless, skinless chicken breast)

4 slices of Pineapple (You can use canned or fresh pineapple)

Teriyaki Marinade

1 Tablespoon Ginger, minced

1/2 cup Mayonnaise

Toppings (adapt to what you like):

Lettuce

Tomato

Red Onion

Cheese

Place hamburger patties in a plastic bag or container. Cover in marinade and let sit for several hours. (I usually prep this in the morning before I leave for work). In a separate plastic bag or container marinate the pineapple slices.

Grill burgers on medium-high heat for 5 minutes before flipping. Once flipped, add the pineapple to the grill and continue cooking until burgers are done to your liking.  I also like to add some more teriyaki sauce after flipping to continue adding flavor. While grilling, prepare the Ginger-Mayo dressing. Combine 1/2 cup of mayo with 1 tablespoons minced ginger.

No comments: