Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chicken Caesar Salad Pasta

Print

IMG_3811

You might remember me telling you about one of my favorite, simple pasta dishes – Pasta Toss. This dish is a play off pasta toss, but also happens to mimic another favorite, chicken Caesar salad. The pasta can be served either hot or cold. With the heat of the summer in full swing, I opted to serve the pasta cold. All the flavors of a Caesar salad were present.  I also decided to use store bought Caesar dressing. I am quite sure a homemade version would be better, but I was more interested in convenience. I cooked the chicken using my indoor grill pan. Other options would be using a rotisserie chicken from the store. Either way, this meal is a great spin on Caesar salad!

Chicken Caesar Salad Pasta

Printer Friendly Version

1 1b pasta (bow tie or spiral), cooked, served warm or cold

2 cups chicken, cooked and sliced

2 Roma tomatoes, diced and seeded

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 cup green onions, chopped

2/3 Parmesan, shredded

1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced

1/2 cup croutons

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper

1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing

Gently toss all ingredients together and serve immediately.

Source adapted from: Natalie’s Killer Cuisine

No comments: