Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Egg Salad Sandwiches

Print

IMG_3700The classic cold salad sandwiches: egg, chicken, tuna and ham. I generally always go straight for chicken salad. I’m not even sure I had egg salad in my younger years, but lately I’ve been  craving it. My favorite chicken salad recipe calls for tarragon, so when I was searching for an egg salad recipe, I knew I had found a good one when it called for tarragon as one of the main ingredients. The shallots provide a sharp onion flavor, rounding out the flavors of a good egg salad. If you want to prepare the salad ahead of time, I would combine all ingredients except for the eggs. Add the eggs at the last minute, this will ensure that the salad stays nice and fresh.

Egg Salad

Printer Friendly Version

8 large eggs

1/2 cup mayonnaise

3 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped

1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped

2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar

1/4 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoons black pepper

Cover eggs with cold water by 1 inch in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a rolling boil, partially covered. Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, covered completely, 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and let eggs stand in hot water, cover, 15 minutes. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice cold water and let stand 5 minutes (to cool). Peel eggs and finely chop.

Stir together eggs and remaining ingredients in a bowl with a fork.

Serve on your favorite sandwich bread.

Source: www.epicurious.com

No comments: