Thursday, July 22, 2010

The “Original” Burger

Print

IMG_3852

Today’s post is less about a recipe and more about a method for cooking burgers. I have shared some really great burgers that my family loves, but sometimes you just want the original burger. Everyone has their way of cooking burgers, so today I wanted to share mine. I prefer to use a mixture of ground pork and ground beef, rather than an all beef burger. When I’m at home and my dad is on the grill, I expect to get an all beef burger with some BBQ sauce on top, which by the way is excellent! When I’m at my in-laws, I expect to get an all beef burger with some steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. For me, I like to make my patties on my own and sprinkle some Season All seasoning on both sides of the patty about 4 to 6 hours before I actually grill the burgers. About 30 minutes before grilling, I like to take the patties out of the refrigerator to take the chill out of the meat, and splash each patty with some Worcestershire sauce. A burger should always be made to your liking. There is no right or wrong way to grill up a classic, but hopefully I’ve given you a few ideas for your next burger!

The “Original” Burger

Printer Friendly Version

1 lb 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 ground pork combo

Season All seasoning

Worcestershire sauce

4 hamburger buns

Tomato, sliced

Lettuce

Onion, sliced

Cheddar cheese, sliced

Combine the beef and pork mixture and form into 4 patties. Sprinkle the Season All seasoning on each side of the patties. Place in the refrigerator until ready to grill. About 30 minutes before grilling, take patties out of refrigerator and set at room temperature. Splash some Worcestershire sauce on each of the patties.

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. While grill is pre-heating, place hamburger buns on grill and toast. Set buns aside and grill patties until desired doneness.

Place desired toppings on burger and dress with your favorite condiments!

No comments: