Friday, July 23, 2010

Red Velvet Cake Balls

Print

IMG_3791

Last month we celebrated my younger brother-in-law’s high school graduation. For several months Curt has asked me to make some red velvet cake balls and I kept telling him I would make them for his graduation. As you can see, he remembered my promise and although I had planned to make the cake balls look like graduation caps, I delivered on my promise. This dessert is dangerous! They are small enough you can just pop in your mouth and not realize how many you just consumed! Bakerella has made cake balls and pops famous. There are so many combinations of cake and icing, chocolate, and fun ways to decorate! They are super easy to make, but they are made in steps, so you need adequate time to prepare. I guess I have another four years to gather the things I need to make graduation caps for Curt’s college graduation!

Red Velvet Cake Balls

Printer Friendly Version

1 box red velvet cake mix (cooked and cooled in a 9 x 13 pan)

1 can cream cheese frosting

1 package chocolate bark (semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or white chocolate)

wax paper

Bake cake as directed. After cake has cooled completely, crumble into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with 3/4 to 1 whole can of cream cheese frosting. I like to use a fork to combine the frosting and cake crumbs. Using a cookie scoop, roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. Chill balls in refrigerator for several hours.

Melt chocolate, a few pieces at a time, in microwave per package directions. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)

Source: Bakerella

No comments: