Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Print

IMG_4683

When my husband and I first got married, I had a rotation of about five recipes that were cooked over and over again. One of those was a casserole which we both got sick of rather quickly causing me not to make a casserole dish for several years. Since things have started to get a little crazy and our schedules are running a little tighter, I have been looking for quick and easy meals to throw together. This casserole caught my eye because to used curry powder and a cornbread stuffing for the topping. Both ingredients are quite different from any other casserole I have tried. While this will only be something I make probably once a year, my husband and I both enjoyed it, not only for the convenience, but also for the taste!

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Printer Friendly Version

6 oz package long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to directions

4 cups diced cooked chicken breast

2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup

1 cup mayonnaise

2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste

8 oz package Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Dressing Mix

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter

Put the rice in a 2 quart casserole. Layer the chicken on top of the rice. Mix the soup, mayonnaise, and curry powder, and pour this over the chicken. Sprinkle the dressing mix over the casserole and dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Source: The Lady and Sons, Too!

One Year Ago Today: Cheese on the Cob

No comments: