Friday, December 24, 2010

Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies

Print

IMG_4716

During our Thanksgiving break, my mom fixed a batch of these cookies which both my husband and I really enjoyed. I’m not sure what it is about a thumbprint cookie, but I always tell myself that I don’t like them…and then I attempt to try one and realize that I do in fact enjoy thumbprint cookies filled with jam. The cookie itself is a buttery shortbread with hints of almond, filled with some jam, and topped with a sweet drizzle of icing. The recipe doesn’t specify, but it is important that a seedless jam is used to fill the cookies. Try the cookie with raspberry jam first and then decide what other flavors would taste good in the center and switch it up!

Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies

Printer Friendly Version

For the Cookies:

2 sticks butter, softened

2\3 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

2 cups flour

2\3 cup raspberry jam (make sure you use jam)

For the Frosting:

1 cup powdered sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

2 to 3 tablespoons milk

To Make Cookies:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter, sugar, and flour. Add 1\2 teaspoon almond extract. Chill for 1 hour.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
Make indention in each cookie with thumb. Fill with 1\2 teaspoon jam. Bake for 14 to
18 minutes.  Cool 1 minute, then remove to wire rack.

To Make Frosting:

Combine powdered sugar, almond extract, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid until
desired consistency is met. Drizzle over cooled cookies.

One Year Ago Today: Breakfast Empanadas

2 comments:

Melody said...

I made your potato soup recipe from a little while back.....jane's potato soup. It was so yummy & super easy, especially with the hashbrowns! Hope you are enjoying your scentsy!

Kim said...

I was just thinking last week about needing to make the Potato soup,it's a good one! I am loving the Scentsy so far...I have the praline one in right now.