Monday, December 13, 2010

Starred Recipes Recap

Print

Continuing the theme of Holiday baking, here are some more recipes that caught my eye last week:

  • I have yet to meet a person that doesn’t like Oreos. I especially like them around this time of the year… double stuffed with a pretty red filling! Tracey’s Culinary Adventures posted a recipe for Thomas Keller’s Oreos, which consists of a dark chocolate cookie sandwiched between white chocolate ganache…YUM!
  • I’m pretty much a sucker for anything that has the word “caramel” in it, so I was excited to see My Baking Addiction posted a recipe for Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies.
  • I am always being reminded that you can make anything at home. The Savory Sweet Life posted a recipe for Homemade Peppermint Patties that quite honestly look even better than the store bought version.
  • Another holiday classic that I remember growing up was the round container filled with butter cookies, individually lined with a paper wrapper. Annie’s Eats posted a recipe for French Butter Cookies that are the homemade version of the irresistible “container” cookies.
  • The Girl Who Ate Everything posted a recipe for Turtle Tassies that uses a basic sugar cookie for the outside, filled with chocolate, topped with caramel, and sprinkled with pecans.

One Year Ago Today: Ginger Snap Cookies

No comments: