Monday, December 27, 2010

Starred Recipes Recap

Print

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We are snuggled into quite a snow storm this Monday morning. Our Christmas was fairly laid back this year. We celebrated Christmas Eve with our usually dishes: Turkey (which I got to make this year!), Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Dressing, and a Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Here are a few more recipes that caught my eye last week as we finish out the Holiday baking:

  • I’m not typically a fan of peppermints, but I do enjoy peppermints covered in chocolate, especially Andes mints. Gimmie Some Oven posted Chocolate Mint Puddles that take chocolate cookies and top with an Andes mint.
  • Another chocolate and peppermint combination that looked too cute to resist was Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies posted by Sweet Pea’s Kitchen.
  • It’s been a while since I made gingerbread, but it is definitely perfect for this time of year.  Pink Parsley posted White Chocolate-Gingerbread Blondies that I can’t wait to try.
  • Holiday baking is over and I should probably be taking a break from all the sweets and focus more on main course meals. The Enchanted Cook posted Slow Cooker Carnitas that sound like the perfect meal after a long day at work.

One Year Ago Today: Gingerbread House

No comments: