Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Special "K” Cookies

Print

IMG_4557

This happens to me a no-bake cookie near and dear to my heart. My mom made them for me and my brother growing up and we both still love them today. I love to make them when I need a peanut butter fix and they definitely offer you a lot of peanut butter flavor. They are super simple to make and a quick prep if you need a cookie and don’t have much time. I’ve mentioned before that I am trying to break away from using corn syrup. This recipe calls for just that, but if want to substitute for cane sugar syrup you can find a homemade recipe here.

Special "K” Cookies

Printer Friendly Version

1 cup sugar

1 cup white Karo syrup

1 cup crunchy or plain peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups Special “K” Cereal (you can also substitute cornflakes)

Place sugar and syrup in a sauce pan. Mix to combine and place on stove. Bring to a good rolling boil (don’t over cook).

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Mix well and add vanilla and cereal. Mix to combine. Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper. Let cool before eating.

One Year Ago Today: Pork Tenderloin in an Apple Maple Brine

No comments: