Monday, December 6, 2010

Starred Recipes Recap

Print

I am still processing the fact that we are in the month of December. I completed all my Christmas shopping yesterday, which is always a stress reliever! The weather here is settling into winter, making for some really cold and windy days. I am excited about the Christmas season and love seeing all the holiday baking recipes posted by fellow bloggers. Here are some that caught my eye last week:

  • I have a pretty good recipe for homemade Gingersnap Cookies, but I am always intrigued by a cookie recipe that becomes a sandwich with some sort of filling in the middle. Sweet Peas Kitchen posted a recipe for Ginger Sandwich Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Filling that I’m tempted to add to my holiday baking menu.
  • This is the time of year, I’m always in the mood for a cup of Hot Cider or Cocoa, but I never thought I could have it in the form of a cookie. How Sweet Eats posted a recipe for Hot Cocoa Cookies that is described as tasting just like a cup of hot chocolate.
  • If I had planned better, I would have made homemade vanilla extract as Christmas gift to friends, family, and co-workers. My Baking Addiction highlighted some tips regarding the process of making homemade vanilla extract, including a tutorial, vendors to purchase vanilla beans from, and cute bottles and labels for making the perfect gifts.

No comments: